www.ctxguide.com
Log in Register Profile Log in to check your private messages FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups
The Old Yankee - Kayaking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Connecticut Explorer''''s Guide Forum Index -> Feature Articles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctxguide
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: The Old Yankee - Kayaking Reply with quote

The Old Yankee just loves to tell stories.

One time back in the day, me and my old buddy Smitty were mucking around along the floodwaters of the great Mississippi when we got our kayaks stranded atop an old barn. The waters were too swift for safe paddling, so we decided to wait it out. Once the waters subsided, we realized that the barn roof we had been standing on was a good 50 feet up! I spotted a pile of horse manure in the back and suggested to Smitty that it could break our fall. So, we threw our kayaks over the edge and tried convincing each other to jump. It came down to rock-paper-scissors making Smitty the first jumper. Smitty took a running start and down he went. I was too afraid to look, but yelled down to Smitty, "How deep is it?" Smitty replied, "It's ankle deep!" At that point, I jumped over the side and ended up neck-deep in horse manure! I looked over at Smitty standing beside the horse manure and said, "Hey, I thought you said it was only ankle deep!" Smitty replied, "That's because I jumped in head-first."

This story may or may not be true.
copyright 2007 Bryan McFarland
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Connecticut Explorer''''s Guide Forum Index -> Feature Articles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: