The best diet for post-exercise recovery is drinking a tall glass of chocolate milk and eating a banana.
Milk: 1. Speeds rehydration with it's natural mix of sugars and salts.
2. It's high protein and other essential nutrients speeds muscle repair and growth.
3. Weight Loss. Consumption of milk after exercise has been proven through research to build muscle more quickly as well as promotes twice the amount of weight loss as those not drinking milk after exercise.
4. Primes body for more intense exercise. Athletes that consume milk between heavy workouts are able to out perform athletes that do not.
Bananas: 1. The potassium regulates hydration levels in the body.
2. The potassium regulates muscle contraction.
3. Builds up depleted sugar levels.
4. The potassium helps to normalize heart beats during and after stress (exercise).
5. Can increase the production of hemoglobin and thus increase the blood's ability to circulate higher volumes of oxygen.
6. Can stimulate a greater post-exercise sense of euphoria.
7. The anti-oxidants found in bananas can prevent something called oxidation stress which can cause damage to cells after intense physical activity.
8. The selenium found in bananas can boost the immune system.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum