www.ctxguide.com
Log in Register Profile Log in to check your private messages FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups
Protective Sunglasses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Connecticut Explorer''''s Guide Forum Index -> Feature Articles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctxguide
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Protective Sunglasses Reply with quote

OK, this is why I mountain bike ride with expensive Oakley sunglasses.

1. Once when riding without glasses, a glob of mud spun up from my front wheel and smacked me square in the eye. Problem was that there was a stone in that mud; so when I blinked, my eyelid passed over said stone and the damn thing got lodged in my eye. I couldn't get it out and with each tiny movement of my eye the stone scratched what was similar to paper cuts on both my eyeball and eyelid. I used my entire water bottle as an eye wash and with the last squirt the stone finally washed out. The damage caused was worth about 5 times a pair of Oakley's.

2. I was till too damn cheap to get good glasses, so I started off with the cheap stuff and broke an average of one pair each month. - This is because I do a lot of deep woods riding with low hanging branches. In one year I spent over $150 on glasses - the cheap kind.

3. I switched to safety goggles and soon realized that the periferal distortion was bad enough to screw with my riding and make me dizzy.

4. The Oakley's were crystal clear and the rose-colored tint actually gave me better vision through the shadows. I've beat the hell out of them for years. The outside of the lenses are filthy with scratches from a few wrecks and many smacks in the face from branches, but the scratches do not distort the vision through the lenses which still offer crystal clear sight. The lenses also wrap around and shield my entire eye without any distortion from any point in the lens.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Connecticut Explorer''''s Guide Forum Index -> Feature Articles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: